Thursday, September 23, 2004

Introductions Introductions

Hello,

Welcome to Multiple Minds, I am your host or, should I say, Linda is the host. I will explain as we go along.

What exactly –is- Multiple Minds you ask? Well, it is many things. It is first, and foremost, an informational journal. Secondly, it is a place for people to learn about multiple personality disorders, and finally, it’s about me, and where I fit into the scheme of the world.

You see. I am a “We”. So far – 14 personalities – that have come “out” and actively participate with the world. Some are NOT so pleasant, most are children below the age of 10.

I do not say that I am 10. I am Linda, and I’m 42 years old. We grew up. We have absolutely no memories of childhood from the age of 17 years old, and before. Those are hidden from me… but my friends, hear me talking about things from my youth, that is because through recent therapy, I have “recovered” some of those memories, and other times, my friends – are actually talking to my “family” – my alternate personalities.. Not me, my self and I.

How did this happen? How does Multiple Personality Disorder happen in anyone, you can research it. The evidence that classic causes of MPD – severe abuse – sexual, physical, mental abuse – beginning before the age of 4 – with life threatening abuse – occurring to break the child’s psyche took place. In a nutshell – that explains the first 18 years of my life.

Not all of my life was pain and torture. I had good moments. My father was not abusive, that was left to my mother and 2 out of 3 brothers (I have no memories of my oldest brother, so I leave him out at this time). We did the computers together; we have reading in common, and even like the same books. He often took me to work with him. I have early memories of him plopping me down in front of a computer. I ran the old cardpunch computers at 4 yrs old. I corrected Final Exams for my father’s “Master’s Degree” students when I was just 7 years old, and I remember feeling so privileged to be able to use a red pen, and not a baby pencil.

Anyhow, enough about me for now. This is about this new and hopefully informational Blog.

More to come!

Linda

No comments: